Your items will be compared to thousands of others on the sales floor. Spend some time on presentation and packaging to make your items stand out.
SUPPLIES YOU MIGHT NEED:
- Hangers— We prefer wire hangers because it’s easy to attach clothing to them with safety pins so that they don’t end up falling on the floor. Child-sized wire hangers are best in the smaller sizes. Here's our blog post on where to get them and why we like them: Where Do I Get Hangers?
- Safety pins
- Ziplock bags
- Tape (packing, Scotch and painter’s)
- Zip ties
- Plastic wrap
Presentation makes all of the difference in whether or not your item will sell. For clothing, take time to iron, clip threads, check hems…anything you need to do to make your item look great.
All clothing must be hung with hangers facing the left, like a question mark. Attach tag with a safety pin to the upper right front of the garment as you are looking at it. Single pants, skirts, shorts, etc. should be safety pinned to the top of the hanger. For outfits, the waistband of the pants or skirt, should be safety pinned to the back shoulders of the shirt, catching the hanger with the safety pin.
Attaching matching accessories like bows, hats, etc. (in a ziplock) adds interest to your item.
Secure shoes together with a zip-tie then attach the tag with a safety pin around the zip-tie.
Toys—Use Ziplocks to hold small pieces and secure the ziplock to the main piece. Tape ziplock shut.
Puzzles and Games—Wrap loose puzzles in plastic wrap so pieces stay in place. Tape puzzles and games boxes shut.
- DO NOT put tape over the bar-code of the tag
- Include manuals or directions to baby equipment, toys and games.
- Attach a photo to anything too large to assemble or display.
- Use painter’s tape to attach tags to books, puzzles, etc. so they’re not damaged.
- Include the box only for items that have never been opened.
- Wrap non-boxed puzzles in plastic wrap, tape it shut then tape the tag to the plastic so puzzles aren't damaged.